ForTheWin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Draft Summary

+2
Pressure
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Fantasy Draft Summary Empty Fantasy Draft Summary

Post by Admin Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:40 am

Fantasy Draft Summary:

-20 teams(most likely)

-12 Players to each Roster

-Fantasy Draft will be similar to most online fantasy drafts
  • -lottery/random order will be determined
  • -EX: if you have the 20th pick you then get the 21st pick; 1st pick gets the 40th/41st
  • -Players salary will be relative to what round they are drafted in
  • -Lists of the Top50 players at each of the 5 positions(pg,sg,sf,pf,c) will be the player pool
  • -Draft will be online; if someone doesn't make their pick within a specified amount of time then we will automatically assign them the next best available player in the rankings list.

-Once the draft is completed we will set our rosters/salaries and have time to make trades like any other GM game

-Season will then presume to start

Admin
Admin

https://forthewingm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Draft Summary Empty Re: Fantasy Draft Summary

Post by Pressure Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm

bleh. I don't like salaries for certain rounds. I think the 1st pick should obviously get more money than the 20th pick. I think you should use KG's salary this season as a marker for the 1st pick and go from there.

Pressure

Back to top Go down

Post by joshfarc24 Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 pm

Pressure wrote:bleh. I don't like salaries for certain rounds. I think the 1st pick should obviously get more money than the 20th pick. I think you should use KG's salary this season as a marker for the 1st pick and go from there.

That's a nice possibility.

So you think each pick should make a little bit less?
-Like 1st pick makes 20mil; 2nd pick 19.8mil, and so on?

I like it a lot; but remember we are going to have 12 to 14 rounds and a total of 250-300 players in the pool, and dropping the salary for every pick might be a little confusing. Or maybe we do that for the first 2 rounds or so and then go to salaries for every round?

joshfarc24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pressure Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:00 am

Yea i like the first to rounds to decrease by a small margin each pick and then just have one standard salary for the rest. Maybe even go 3 rounds so that the top 60 players all have different salaries.

Pressure

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_flip_remix Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Why not keep real life salaries? I would make things easier and more difficult when drafting.

lil_flip_remix

Back to top Go down

Post by joshfarc24 Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:27 pm

lil_flip_remix wrote:Why not keep real life salaries? I would make things easier and more difficult when drafting.

That's not a bad idea at all.........haha, I never even thought of that for some reason. That might be our best bet to keep things organized and able to double check salaries when trading.

I just hate that guys like Roy, CP3, D-Will, and other guys that are top 25/50 players that are young and signed an extension that doesn't kick in until next year. It makes a team that drafts CP3 in the first round have a very low salary cap possibly..........but it's a good idea too since it would alter peoples salary caps and not everyones Cap would be identical in size basically.

-I'm thinking of a LIVE DRAFT in the chat room when we get 15+ GM's signed up.

What do you guys think about a live draft? I did all my fantasy league drafts in Live Drafts and it was a much, much better experience than doing the offline ones I've done in the past. Basically we just go online, 3 minutes timer for each pick, and any GM not online get's an auto-pick using our rankings system.

joshfarc24

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklespice Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:47 pm

I like the online draft idea.t. I think we should do a a set salary for each round so the mods dont have to do alot of work. Doing the actual salaries messes up the game a little,

sparklespice

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemy Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:38 am

we might as well do real salaries as some1 has mentioned.......that way we "gamble" in way for players with high ass salaries (i.e. Tmac, AI, etc.)......if the game goes well (hopefully), ppl are going to have different approaches to their team, build through draft, clear for cap room, build a young core for the future, build a championship team now, etc.....some of these team directions wont be available with set salaries

I think just like the video games we should do it where every team has the same set cap.....you can draft whoever you want, but salaries dont take in effect till after the draft is complete.....

idk just my opinion, just thinking with real salaries you keep the game alot more real

Shemy

Back to top Go down

Post by joshfarc24 Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:22 am

Yea that's a nice idea.

LilFlip might construct a list where players all have different salaries, but it will be relative to their talent and age and stuff too taken into consideration, which I think might be a great idea.

BUt I am with you 100% on the salary cap/luxury tax limit not mattering until after the draft is over. The salary cap is more related for having an off-season the next season and doing trades nad stuff.........we defintiely will allow teams to draft as they please so it will result in some teams having 60m in players and another 100m maybe.....though I bet it's a bit more even since it's a fantasy draft....but you get my point.

What do you guys think about LilFlip adjusting the lists to individual salaries that are related to talent? I personally like it, and he can alter years left and stuff according to age/randomly too.........but what do you guys think?

joshfarc24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum